perjantai 7. elokuuta 2009

It's getting hot in here, so take of all your socks (but I can't)

Lately I've been reading this book called "A Perfect Mess - The Hidden Benefits of Disorder" (by Eric Abrahamson and David H. Freedman), and I'm beginning to notice a change in my behaviour. The dinner table (if you can call it that..) is full of clutter - the tablecloth is anything but straight, and on it are two laptops (including this one), three magazines, a copy of lord of the rings, a rather large radio, two kinds of watercolour palets, watercolour pencils, oil crayons, scissors, pens, cellphones, two coffee cups, a glass, Maija's sheets of paper... chocolate, my passport.. a hairbrush... and so on. And it doesn't bother me. I don't feel any sort of huge urge to clear this all up. I just don't care. And nothing bad is happening, even though the table isn't neat. It's a really nice feeling in fact - to not have to bother about all the mess.

Erkki and Maggie are leaving on Sunday to Helsinki, and from there they're going through Denmark to ehh.. somewhere. And eventually they're going back to Laguna Beach. We're supposed to go visit them next summer in CA. That would be quite cool. Pretty much only problem for me is that I'd kinda not like to be apart from Siim that much - if we were to go there, it wouldn't make sense to go unless we were staying for a couple of weeks, cause the flight is really quite expensive. Three weeks atleast. Mari and Maija would probably prefer to be there a month atleast. And yeah I know - I should get used to not being with Siim all the time, and besides there's msn and webcam. And besides - it's a whole year away still, so I shouldn't stress about it yet.

Dune - Heat !!! WOOOO

I don't know if this "blog" of mine can even be considered a proper blog - I think it's rather like a internet diary, because I won't necissarily adress lots of recent issues in the news or anything like that.

Oh yeah, the boat trip. I was supposed to write about that. Anyway - the same day the lawyer came here, Erkki and Maggie were gonna go on an overnight boat trip with Erkki's cousin Timo, and they asked if we wanted to come. Mari said no, I said yes, and Maija kinda was at work and was gonna be the next day as well - so she wasn't asked. Anyway, the first thing we did was to go to Urheilu Koskimies, a store that sells all kinds of sports related equipment. Erkki bought a tent which cost only 59e (Mari's gonna take it to Belgium cause it's a 3-person tent, and they're gonna use it at Pukkelpop [where I can't come. grr.], two inflatable sleeping matresses and a camping hammock. We drove to Joutseno (about 30 mins from Lappeenranta) where Timo's boat was. In addition to us three, there was Timo's fiancée, Timo's friend and his two kids - a little boy and an even littler girl (ages maybe liek 10 and 8). The boat ride took about 3 hours, during which I ate lots and lots and lots of pringles, pretty much drank a whole Pommac light- soda bottle (1,5 L), ate loads of cookies and tried but most of the time failed to read my book. It was a very cold day, not very good for chilling on the dock. Anyway, we got to this island - actually a strip of islands separated just by very shallow water - you could walk from island to another without getting your shorts wet.

Hehe I put on my corset now, it's under my shirt - i'm gonna go shopping like this.

Well I took it off now cause its too hot today. I'd die.

The island. It was really nice. When we came there me, Erkki and Maggie put up the tent and Erkki and Maggie blew air into the mattresses. We put our sheets and sleeping bags into place cause it was better to do it before dark. There were lots of other people, lots of boats, there as well. I think we were the only ones sleeping in a tent, cause everyone else just slept in their boats (atleast in the side of the island we were at). The tent was really super easy to assemble and it's pretty much perfect in every other way as well.

Taylor Swift - Love Story !!! You'll be the prince, and i'll be the princess, it's a love story baby just SAY YES

I walked around the island, took me about an hour. It was almost dark already. Everyone else went to the sauna, I called Mari who'd tried to call me 10 times and sent a message that went pretty much like "Fuck fuck fuck did you fucking take the fucking iPod im fucking fat im not going to walk without iPod fuck". I hadn't taken the iPod. I also called Siim to say good night. Then I went to sauna - and it was the best sauna I've ever been to. The air changd really well in there and there was enough space for 8 people to sit at the highest "bench" and it was nicely hot enough and throwing löyly didn't make you suffocate. It was just awesome. The water too was amazing. In contrast to Lappajärvi, you could actually swim when you got a few metres from the quay. The water was lovely - clean, cool and calm (no waves).

I'll post pictures later, cause I gotta go shopping now.

xoxo
Gossip Girl

:DDDDD

serious gossip ain't it

Oh, if you were wondering about the heading, it's cause I gotta keep socks on because my feet are full of lotion cause they're so frustratingly dry. I'd get the floors all greasy if I didn't wear socks. And it's a hot day. So.

Cheers!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti