tiistai 4. elokuuta 2009

Pasta La Pizza

Today some lawyer came here in the morning and talked with my uncle Erkki about our grandma's inheritance money taxing. It was sort of amusing how quickly Maija's concentration failed, as she seemed to feel a huge need to move around all the time, offering more coffee to our guest and re-organizing items on the table. I found the conversation fairly interesting. It's nice to realize that you're not so little and ignorant anymore that you wouldn't "get" any of the "adult stuff". Adding to my feeling of grown-uppiness, I cooked myself some rice and made a basic sauce because I was hungry. I can make my own food! Okay I know that doesnt make me an adult.

Recently, the two most important men of my life have lost weight, while I (atleast have the feeling that) I'm gaining some. Yesterday while I saw Siim he told me he's been a bit malnourished because he "can't be bothered to buy/make proper food". When me and Mari came back to Lappeenranta to Maija's appartment it sort of struck me what a skinny cat Kepsa has become (he's probably dropped from overweight to normalweight about now). Luckily I can deal with small weight-gain now better than before perhaps, because yesterday I bought the ultimate self-confidence booster - a corset.

Yesterday I got up at about eight, drank my morning coffee and all that and took a metro from Herttoniemi (we'd spent our night at Matilda's) to the Railway station in Helsinki, from where I walked to the harbour in hopes of meeting Siim right when his boat would arrive at about 9:40. I called him because I could not see any passenger boat that would have arrived anywhere near where I was. I asked Siim to describe what the place he was in looked like so I could figure out where the hell he was. Turned out that I was completely in the wrong place. After an hour or so plus kilometres of walking, me having blistered my feet (for I had placed too much weight on the front of my feet because I had broken the skin on my heels due to excess dryness) we found eachother.

We visited some recycling center, where we found all kinds of handy stuff, for example this:



..which I atleast find hilarious (it's a chopping board, y'get it?). I
also bought a (left handed..) pint with a picture of a viking on it, three shot glasses, chop stick (two pairs) and a cheese-slicer.

Then we headed on towards the center of Helsinki to find some food for the now-even-thinner-than-his-usual-skinny-self Siim (he had his mind set on getting a burger), but stumbled across a market where I just _had to check out all the cheap clothes and other crap there. I found nothing too interesting, but bought a Marilyn Monroe- postcard from a lady who ended up recommending I go see Madonna in Tallinn.

Me and Siim then found our way to a MacDonalds in Forum shopping center. Siim had a Big Mac menu and I counted his calories for him (Burger 495, Coke 170, Fries 470 = Total 1135 if I remember correctly). Then we went to get ice-cream (I had a "Totally Black" - liquorice and salmiakki flavour, and Siim had a normal Puffet). Then I bought my corset from morticia, where me and Siim were *cough* by far most goth people there. The sales-chick was really friendly and helped me put on the corset. It cost 69 euros. I'm not sure what size it is - the price tag said 22 inch 56cm, but the washing info tag on the corset itself said 20 inch 51cm. It looks like this:



At some point we went to UFF where we met Mari and Matilda, and decided we'd meet at the railway station at 19:40 (train left at 20:12). Me and Siim ate two more ice creams per person, chilled, and did nothing. We also ate sandwiches at some point. It was a very nice and chill day. I love you Siim.

Aargh I'm feeling great stress about my geography project, for which I haven't even found a good topic. I don't want to do a 10 minute presentation on the increase in Russian tourism to Lappeenranta or aging population in Lappeenranta, because I just cannot see how I can be bothered to do such huge effort to research all that crap and structure all the info so that it's compressed to the minimum while being comprehensive about the subject. I don't know how I could scrape up enough info to fill 10 minutes about things like The Sand Castle in Lappeenranta, or the possibility of an Energy Park being built in Lappeenranta. I think I'm just gonna do a presentation on the renovation of Valtakatu.

Well that's about it for now.

To be continued.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti